Free open source content management system WordPress has come out with an upgrade with a host of features including one that will help you stay focused on writing and allow linking your content easily.
The 4.5 version ‘Coleman’, named after famous tenor saxophone player and jazz musician Coleman Hawkins will also help you upload your logo right from the customizer if you use themes like Twenty Sixteen and Twenty Fifteen.
Here are the other key features the 4.5 upgrade offers.
1. Inbuilt support for website logo:
WordPress 4.5 has introduced the support for website logo through the theme customizer interface. WordPress themes can now use this feature to allow uploading custom logo.
2. Live Responsive Previews:
Now you can preview your website in various responsive modes and make sure that your website looks great on all devices.
3. Inline Link Edit:
Now you can add/edit link inline while editing your posts/articles.
4. More shortcuts for editing:
Editor shortcuts for horizontal lines and <code> has been added to WordPress 4.5 which make inline editing faster and enjoyable.
Apart from these, a bunch of developer-centric improvements has been done too.
- Faster image load with improved image resizing settings.
- Rich user experience with preview via Selective Refresh in the Customizer.
- Enhanced Script Loader to better manage the script/style dependencies in WordPress 4.5.
- New Embed Templates to nicely render a post/page which is being embedded.
Founded by American web developer and entrepreneur Matt Mullenwegg, the WordPress was released in 2003. It has grown rapidly in last 13 years and now being used by millions of websites across the globe.
A survey conducted last year had revealed that 25 per cent of all websites in the world now run on WordPress.