In this pre-festive season, almost all tech companies and dealers are offering huge discounts on their smartphones or tablets. The various online stores are also not far behind.
So if you are thinking of buying a new smartphone, well, it is quite a good idea.
But have you ever given a thought to what you are going to do with your old phone or tablet?
Most of us just throw away our old gadgets in a corner of our room. Some of us certainly try to resell the gadgets mainly through various online stores such as Quikr, but their number is too limited.
But keep it in mind that whenever you dump your old gadgets you actually contribute to the globally growing mass of dangerous electronic waste.
The only way to avoid such a situation is to take refuge of the good old formula – recycle or reuse the old smartphone or other gadgets.
Smartphones and tablets are programmed really smart. They can do wonders if used wisely. We will tell you five cool ways to reuse your old smartphone and we promise, it is going to be fun.
1. Your old smartphone or tablet can easily act as a digital photo frame. Just download a free app Dayframe from the store and it will start displaying images from your multiple online accounts.
It can easily connect with all the popular social media sites such as Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
2. The old smartphone is equipped enough to work as your home or office web-connected security camera.
You just need to download a free app IP Webcam on your device and connect it to the web.
You can view the images taken by your device live from a remote place using any compatible desktop or laptop browser.
3. Install some clock and alarm apps and place your old smartphone on your bedside table. Now it will work as your dedicated e-clock.
A very good example of an alarm app is Timely Alarm Clock which is available free. The best thing about using your smartphone as e-clock is that you can customise and change the look numerous times according to your taste and mood.
4. Do you love to listen to music while driving? But maybe the music system in your car is the still the old CD-player based system.
However, there is an easy solution to it if you turned your old smartphone into your car based digital MP3 player.
5. Are you a bookworm? If yes, then you can turn your old tablet into your personal ebook reader.
Fill up the memory space with your favorite ebook and some helpful reading apps such as Amazon Kindle or Google Play Books and embark on the journey to explore the world of Keats to Tagore, and Kafka to Coelho.