When it comes to taking care of our health, we tend to complicate things following a cocktail of different regimes. But do you know the secret to being healthy is as simple as drinking a glass of water!
Here are 10 benefits you can get from water in empty stomach:
1. Drinking one or two glasses of water first thing in the morning not just regulate your digestive tract, but also helps flush out toxins.This, in turn, shields the body against diseases as well as boosts metabolism.
2. The body works on repairing and cleaning itself throughout the night. So when you drink a glass of water immediately after waking up, the body gets a boost to release all wastes through urine and also regularize bowel movement.
3. Drink water to minimize the ill-effects of alcohol, tobacco, pollution and junk food.
4. Water is great when it comes to hydrate your skin naturally. Drink water on empty stomach to maintain elasticity and tonicity of the skin. Water also keeps skin wrinkle-free.
5. Drinking water immediately after waking up is important as it hydrates our vital organs before they begin to function fully; thus maintaining their overall functioning.
6. Want to lose weight? Drink two glasses of water on empty stomach. Research says water helps burn fats and calories. It also controls hunger pangs and thus saves you from overeating.
7. Water helps prevent headaches. We often wake up with a heavy head due to dehydration. If you start your day with a glass of water and keep sipping H2O throughout the day, it will help keep headaches at bay.
8. Water helps increase the appetite as well as absorb nutrients by the body. So, if you drink a big glass of water first thing in the morning, it will cleanse your colon and help in faster and better nutrient absorption.
9. Researchers have found that water helps creation of new blood and muscle. Hence drinking water in empty stomach gives a major boost to your immune system.
10. People suffering from acidity and gastritis can find a cure to their cramps and heartburn in form of water. Drinking at least three glasses of water on empty stomach on a regular basis has proven beneficial towards curing the diseases naturally.
(Sources: TOI, CureJoy, Step To Health)
Sreya is based in Kolkata. She is a Senior Editor of Big Wire.