The city of Ahmedabad is currently hosting the Third edition of the Kabaddi World Cup. It started on October 7…
The city of Ahmedabad is currently hosting the Third edition of the Kabaddi World Cup. It started on October 7 and the final will take place on October 22.
The Indian national team is, too, participating in the tournament and one of the hot favorites to win this competition. Here we have listed some interesting facts you would like to know about this mega sporting event.
1. The Kabaddi World Cup is organized by the International Kabaddi Federation.
2. The 2016 edition of the World Cup is the third edition. The two erstwhile editions of the World Cup were played in 2004 and 2007.
3. This edition of the World Cup was scheduled to be held in 2015 in Punjab. But due to some political tensions aroused as a result of the desecration of the Guru Granth Sahib it was postponed. Now, Ahmedabad is hosting the tournament.
4. All of the games are taking place in ‘The Arena’ constructed by TransStadia. The Arena is the first convertible stadium of India and can be used for multiple events.
5. A total of 12 teams is taking part in the World Cup 2016. There are two pools. The Pool A comprises of India, England, Bangladesh, Australia, South Korea, and Argentina. Iran, USA, Poland, Japan, Kenya, and Thailand are part of Pool B.
6. Two teams from each of the above-mentioned Pools will qualify for the Semifinals. The final of the tournament will be held on October 22.
7. ‘The World is Ready to Raid’ is the motto of these editions of the World Cup.
8. The logo of the World Cup features the head of a lion which represents the agility of a Kabaddi player. It also symbolizes the heritage and wildlife of Gujarat- the organizing state of the World Cup.
9. The official television broadcaster of the tournament is Star Sports. You can also watch them later using Hotstar.
10. Indian national team has won both of the previous editions of the Kabaddi World Cup and is looking forward to register their hattrick in winning the World Cup.
However, their first game against South Korea did not go well. They lost their first game but since then, they made a comeback and won the next two games.
We wish all the best to the Indian side led by Anup Kumar.
It was 1915. Gandhi was in Haridwar to witness the Kumbh Mela on the bank of the magnificent Ganga. But,…
Technology is disrupting different industries across the world, and real estate cannot be far behind. Already, real estate consultants have…
Engineers create new tools capable of facilitating everything that has to do with the production of food from agriculture, and…