The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) on Monday announced its time table for Class XII board exams for the academic year 2016-17.
1. The exams will start on March 9 and continue till April 29.
2. The exams will start at 10.30 am.
3. This year 10,98,420 students will sit for the exams. Last year, the number of students were 10,65,179.
4. This year 10677 schools have registered for the CBSE Class XII exams. Last year, a total of 10093 schools participated in the Boards.
5. The time table can be downloaded from the official website of CBSE – cbse.nic.in
The time table:
1. March 9 (Thursday): English Elective -Ncert, English Elective-Cbse(Functional English), English Core
2. March 10 (Friday): Dance -Kathak, Dance-Bharatnatyam, Dance -Odissi, Dance-Kathkali, Creative Writing & Translation Studies, Sindhi, Office Communication, Information Storage & Retrival, Integrated Transport Operation, Front Office Operations, Travel Agency & Tour Operations Business (Nsqf), Salesmanship-Ii, Capital Market Operations, Banking-Ii
3. March 15 (Wednesday): Physics, Persian, Secretarial Practice & Accounting, Air Conditioning & Refrigeration – Iii, Optics -Ii, Radiography-I General, Electrical Machine, Clinical Bio-Chemistry (Mlt), Child Health Nursing, Garment Construction -Ii, Traditional Indian Textile
4. March 16 (Thursday): Business Studies, Basic Horticulture-Ii, Beauty & Hair -Ii, Operation & Maintenance Of Communication Devices
5. March 18 (Saturday): Urdu Elective, Punjabi, Tamil, Manipuri, Malayalam, Assamese, Kannada, Urdu Core
6. March 20 (Monday): Mathematics, First Aid & Emergency Medical Care, Clinical Bio-Chemistry & Microbiology-Ii, Microbiology (Mlt), Health Centre Management, Opthalmic Techniques-Ii, Radiography-Ii (Special Investigation Imaging, Radiography)
7. March 21 (Tuesday): Shorthand English, Shorthand Hindi, Fashion Studies, Agriculture, Odia, German, Russian, Engineering Science, , Database Management Application (Nsqf)
8. March 23 (Thursday): History, Retail Services-Ii(Nsqf)-, Logistice Operation & Supply Chain Management -Ii, Business Operation & Administration -Ii, Laboratory Medicines (Clinical Pathology, Hematology & Histopathology -Ii (Mlt)
9. March 24 (Friday): Food Production Iii, Introduction To Hospitality Management(Nsqf)
10. March 25 (Saturday): Chemistry, Applied Physics, Food & Beverage Cost & Control, Floriculture, Cost Accounting, Biology Opthalmic-Ii, Radiation Physics
11. March 27 (Monday): Informatics Practices, Computer Science, Advanced Front Office Operations, Olericulture – Ii, Insurance -Ii, Basic Pattern Development
12. March 29 (Wednesday): Accountancy, Bakery-Ii, Holistic Health -Ii, Security(Nsqf)
13. March 30 (Thursday): Food Production Iv
14: March 31 (Friday): Engineering Graphics, Heritage Crafts, Human Rights & Gender Studies, Library And Information Science, Tibetan, Japanese, Spanish, Mechanical Engineering, Marketing- Ii, Textile Chemical Processing, Web Application – Ii (Nsqf)
15: April 1 (Saturday): Knowledge Traditions & Practice Of India, Legal Studies, Graphic Design, Health Education, Communication And Public, Relations & Public Health, The Creative & Commercial Process In Mass Media-Ii, Printed Textile, Typography & Computer Application(Eng.)
16: April 3 (Monday): Political Science, Laboratory Medicine-Ii, Retail Operations-Ii(Nsqf), Financial Accounting-Ii
17: April 5 (Wednesday): Biology, Taxation-Ii, Derivative Market Operations, Air Conditioning & Refrigeration-Iv
18. April 6 (Thursday): Geography, Biotechnology, Library Systems & Resource Management
19: April 10 (Monday): Physical Education
20: April 12 (Wednesday): Sociology
21: April 17 (Monday): Economics, Trouble Shooting & Maintenance Of, Electronic Equipment
22: April 18 (Tuesday): Home Science
23. April 19 (Wednesday): Painting, Graphics, Sculpture, Applied Arts-Commercial Arts, Electrical Appliances, Confectionery
24. April 20 (Thursday): Theatre Studies, Tangkhul
25: April 22 (Saturday): Hindi Elective, Gujarati, Nepali, Limboo, Lepcha, Bhutia, Hindi Core
26. April 24 (Monday): Psychology
27. April 25 (Tuesday): Music Karanataka (Vocal), Music Karanataka Instrumental (Melodic), Music Hindustani Vocal, Music Hindustani Instrumental Melodic, Music Hindustani Instrumental Percussion
28: April 26 (Wednesday): Mass Media Studies
29. April 27 (Thursday): Sanskrit Elective, Bengali, Telugu, Marathi, Arabic, French, Telugu-Telangana, Mizo, Sanskrit Core, Understanding The Evolution And Forms Of, Mass Media-Ii, Auto Engineering-Ii(Nsqf)
30: April 28 (Friday): National Cadet Corps(Ncc), Multimedia & Web Technology, Autoshop Repair & Practice-Ii Nsqf, Fabric Study, Typography & Computer Application(Hindi)
31: April 29 (Saturday): Philosophy, Enterpreneurship, Office Procedure & Practices, Basic Concept Of Health And Disease And, Medical Terminology, Food Service-Ii, Geospatial Technology, Midwifery
Sreya is based in Kolkata. She is a Senior Editor of Big Wire.