Amid reports of him joining the rival Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) leader Kumar Vishwas on Wednesday (Jan 18) took to Twitter to refute the “rumours”.
“PM ji had said to improve ‘Sense of Humor’, bhakts took it as ‘Sense of Rumor’… Lage Raho!!” he tweeted.
It was earlier reported in The Economic Times that Kumar Vishwas might join BJP and fight the upcoming Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections from the Sahibabad seat.
Here are 10 facts you should know about the poet-politician:
1. Kumar Vishwas was born on Feb 10, 1970 at Pilkhuwa in Ghaziabad, Uttar Pradesh.
2. His father Dr. Chandra Pal Sharma was a Lecturer at R.S.S. Degree College, Pilkhuwa, while his mother Rama Sharma was a home-maker.
You may like to read
Why Uttar Pradesh may not be a cakewalk for BJP
10 things about new Tata Sons chief N Chandrasekaran
Why is Tamil Nadu celebrating MGR
Top colleges to pursue Arts in India
10 interesting facts about journalist Barkha Dutt
3. He went to Lala Ganga Sahay School, Pilkhuwa and did his intermediate from Rajputana Regiment Inter College, Pilkhuwa.
4. Kumar Vishwas holds a Master of Arts (MA) degree in Hindi Literature. He also holds a doctorate degree.
5. He joined a Rajasthan college as a professor in 1994 and stayed there till 2000. He then joined Lala Lajpat Rai College in Ghaziabad where he taught Hindi literature.
6. His brush with politics started with him supporting the anti-corruption movement of Gandhian activist Anna Hazare.
7. Kumar Vishwas joined AAP as a member of its national executive. He mainly handled the cyber wing of the party and arranged rallies.
8. In 2014, Kumar Vishwas fought the Lok Sabha elections from Amethi in Uttar Pradesh but lost to Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi.
9. He has written poetry based primarily on the Sringara rasa (romance). He has also penned the university anthem for Chaudhary Charan Singh University, Meerut.
10. Kumar Vishwas is a regular at prominent poetry recitations in India and abroad including the USA, Dubai, Singapore, and Japan.