Aparna was born in 1990. Her father Arvind Singh Bisht is the Lucknow bureau editor of The Times of India.
The Samajwadi Party (SP) has fielded party patriarch Mulayam Singh Yadav’s younger daughter-in-law Aparna Bisht Yadav against Bharatiya Janata Party’s (BJP’s) Rita Bahuguna from the Lucknow Cantonment seat in the upcoming assembly elections.
1. Aparna is the wife of Prateek Yadav, who is Mulayam Singh Yadav’s son from his second wife Sadhna Gupta Yadav. Prateek is into real estate business and runs a chain of fitness centres.
Aparna Yadav’s elder brother-in-law is Uttar Pradesh chief minister Akhilesh Yadav, who is married to Kannauj MP Dimple Yadav.
2. Aparna was born in 1990. Her father Arvind Singh Bisht is the Lucknow bureau editor of The Times of India.
3. Aparna Yadav completed her schooling from Loreto Convent Intermediate College in 2007.
4. She got her Bachelor of Arts (BA) degree in Political Science, Modern History, and English.
5. Aparna went to the University of Manchester for her Master’s degree in International Relations.
6. She aspired to become a diplomat.
7. Her hobbies include playing veena, traveling and singing.
8. Aparna Yadav is the brand ambassador of NGO Harsh Foundation’s ‘B-Aware’ campaign that aims at educating women about their rights, safety laws and self-defence techniques.
9. She also associated with animal welfare and green initiatives.
10. Aparna Yadav was friends with Prateek Yadav since her school days. However, she was not aware that he was Mulayam Singh Yadav’s son. Pertinently, Mulayam accepted his relationship with Sadhna Gupta in 2007.
11. Aparna and Prateek Yadav’s friendship turned to love over social media and later both went to the UK for higher studies. [Prateek got his M.Sc. degree in Management from Leeds University].
12. It was Prateek’s mother Sadhna Gupta Yadav who convinced Mulayam Singh Yadav about their relationship and the couple got engaged in 2010.
13. Aparna and Prateek Yadav got married at Saifai village in Uttar Pradesh in December 2011. The lavish marriage ceremony was attended by the who’s who of Indian business, politics and film fraternity.
14. Aparna and Prateek’s daughter Prathama was born in 2013.
Pic credit: ‘B-Aware’
Sreya is based in Kolkata. She is a Senior Editor of Big Wire.
1.Introduction: Afghanistan has been a matter of great significance for India due to its geostrategic location connecting South Asia with…
Despite stiff competition, a group of traditional shoemakers living in a village near Patna have held on to their craft,…
It was 1915. Gandhi was in Haridwar to witness the Kumbh Mela on the bank of the magnificent Ganga. But,…