In a short span of 5 years, actor Sivakarthikeyan has taken the Tamil film industry (Kollywood) by storm.
He started out as a stand-up comedian, went on to become a television personality and ended up being the rising star of Kollywood.
On his 32nd birthday on Friday, here are some interesting facts about Sivakarthikeyan, the self-made man who has become one of the leading men in the Tamil film industry:
1. Sivakarthikeyan wanted to be an honest police officer like his father G. Doss. However, after his father’s death, he lost interest in the profession. In 2015, he paid homage to his father on-screen by playing a cop in “Kaaki Sattai”.
2. Sivakarthikeyan, who is now dominating Kollywood, had no definite aim in life.
After he dropped the idea of becoming a police officer, he decided to do engineering only to realize that it did not suit him.
Then, despite a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering, he decided to pursue MBA so that he gets a job once he finishes the course.
3. His debut film as a leading man was “Marina” in 2012. However, he did a small role with superstar Ajith in 2008 film “Aegan”.
4. Sivakarthikeyan has a black belt in karate. However, he qualified only for a green belt.
It was his karate master who gave him the black belt instead, to show his gratitude towards Sivakarthikeyan’s father who accepted his invitation and agreed to be a chief guest at a public function.
5. After the success of his 2013 comedy film “Varutha Padatha Valibar Sangam”, producer P Madan gifted Sivakarthikeyan an expensive Audi Q7.
6. Though only 10 films old, Sivakarthikeyan has become a popular face in the entire South India. So much so that he got a chance to do a cameo in 2015 Kannada film “Vajrakaya” where he got to dance with famous Kannada actor Shiva Rajkumar.
7. It was Tamil superstar Dhanush who helped Sivakarthikeyan create a niche for himself. The latter played a sidekick in 2012 film “3” where megastar Rajinikanth’s son-in-law was the male lead.
The friendship started on the sets and Dhanush went on to cast Sivakarthikeyan as the hero of his production “Ethir Neechal” (2013). It was Siva’s first major hit.
8. Siva tied the knots with his cousin Aarthi in 2010. The couple has a daughter Aaradhana.
9. He is one of the few Tamil actors who has a huge fan following – 2.5 million – on micro-blogging site Twitter.
10. Sivakarthikeyan will be seen next in director Mohan Raja’s next titled “Velaikkaran”.