Norway tops the World Happiness Report 2017 scoring 7.54 on the index. In 2016, the country was in the 4th…
Celebrating International Day of Happiness, the World Happiness Report 2017 was released on Monday (Mar 20) at an United Nations (UN) event.
Read on to find out more about the World Happiness Report 2017:
1. Norway tops the World Happiness Report 2017 scoring 7.54 on the index. In 2016, the country was in the 4th place.
2. Denmark ranks second, followed by Iceland, Switzerland, Finland, Netherlands, Canada, New Zealand and, Australia and Sweden (tied at the 9th place).
3. India ranked 122nd, way behind its neighbours and most South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation (SAARC) nations – Pakistan (80th), Nepal (99th), Bhutan (97), Bangladesh (110) and Sri Lanka (120). However, war-torn Afghanistan ranked 141, while Maldives did not feature in the report at all.
4. The United States of America (US) ranked 14th, slipping one place from previous year.
5. Germany made itself stable at the 16th place for the second consecutive year.
6. The United Kingdom (UK) climbed four spots to the 19th position, while Russia rose by seven spots to the 49th place.
You may like to read
7. Japan made it to the 51st position on the World Happiness Report 2017, while China ranked 79th.
8. Out of the 155 countries that featured in the report, the Central African Republic (CAR) was found to be the least happy with a score of 2.69.
9. Apart from the CAR, Burundi (154), Tanzania (153), Syria (152) and Rwanda (151) were found to be among the least happy countries.
10. All countries were marked on seven main factors that support happiness, namely, caring, freedom, generosity, honesty, health, income and good governance.
Sreya is based in Kolkata. She is a Senior Editor of Big Wire.
When we reflect on India's 71 year-long independence in context with real estate, one thought overshadows all others - affordable…
Veteran Communist Party of India (Marxist) [CPI-M] leader and former Lok Sabha Speaker Somnath Chatterjee passed away at a Kolkata…