Tamil superstar Kamal Haasan on Tuesday (May 2) unveiled the first look poster of his much-awaited sequel “Vishwaroopam II” on micro-blogging site Twitter.
Kamal Haasan’s spy thiller film “Vishwaroopam”, released in 2013, had reportedly collected over Rs 220 crores at box offices across the world.
Here are 10 facts you would like to know about Kamal Haasan’s “Vishwaroopam II”:
1. “Vishwaroopam II” is also a spy thriller like “Vishwaroopam”. While the first part was set in the US, the sequel is based in India.
2. With a budget of around Rs 75 crore, “Vishwaroopam II” is produced by Kamal Haasan’s production house Raaj Kamal Films International, while he has written, directed as well as acted in it.
3. Apart from Kamal Haasan, actors Rahul Bose, Pooja Kumar and Andrea Jeremiah will be reprising their roles in “Vishwaroopam II”.
4. “Vishwaroopam II”, originally made in Tamil like “Vishwaroopam”, will be dubbed and released in Hindi as “Vishwaroop II”.
5. Kamaal Hasaan had said that the sequel was 40% shot during making of “Vishwaroopam” only and that “Vishwaroopam II” will show strong emotions between mother and son.
6. During the making of “Vishwaroopam II”, cinematographer Sanu Varghese left the film citing personal issues. Shamdat Sainuddeen was brought onboard as his replacement.
7. The shooting of “Vishwaroopam II” began in Thailand . There the makers even shot at the Bangkok airbase.
8. The Chennai schedule of the film started rolling in 2013.
You may like to read
9. “Vishwaroopam II” saw several delays in its release. The film was first scheduled to release on August 3, 2015 but Kamal Haasan reportedly changed the date. He said he hoped to release the film by 2016. However, financial crisis put the film’s release on hold.
10. After the release of the first look poster of “Vishwaroopam II”, Kamal Hasaan said the film will definitely reach theatres by 2017.