Brain child of Saudi Arabian developer Zain al-Abidin Tawfiq, Sarahah in Arabic loosely means “honesty” or “frankness”.
Here is everything you need to know about Sarahah, the anonymous messaging App:
1. The Sarahah App is available on iOS and Android phones.
2. It is a platform where users can send anonymous messages on other user profile(s).
3. To get started, one has to register himself/herself at https://www.sarahah.com/ and share his/her profile link among friends or publicly via social media platforms.
4. The messages received may also be shared on social media platforms like Facebook.
5. Neither the user will be able to reply to the messages, nor will be able to know the identity of the sender. Sarahah will disclose the identity of an sender to an user only if the earlier wants to.
6. Though Sarahah was launched in February 2017, it was made available to the App Store in June.
7. The official website of the App describes itself as: “Sarahah helps you in discovering your strengths and areas for improvement by receiving honest feedback from your employees and your friends in a private manner”.
You may like to read
8. Though the official website of Sarahah has made it clear that: “All users should commit to ethics and values and should refrain from insult and abuse of the site,” the App is often being misused for cyber bullying and hate messages.
9. Sarahah can be downloaded for free on the iTunes App Store and Google Play. Presently, Sarahah is the No. 1 free iPhone app on iTunes.
10. Sarahah can be connected to image messaging App Snapchat. A new feature has been introduced by Snapchat where it is very convenient to share Sarahah links. When you are sharing a snap, all you have to do is to click on the paper clip icon and paste your Sarahah link to let your followers share feedback on you.
Sreya is based in Kolkata. She is a Senior Editor of Big Wire.