Superstar Rajinikanth is back with a bang and this time with “Kaala”. The official trailer was out on Mar 1 and still it is #1 on Trending at YouTube.
Here are 10 facts you need to know about Rajinikanth’s ‘Kaala’:
1. Rajinikanth’s ‘Kaala’ will release inTamil, Telugu, and Hindi on Apr 27.
2. It is a gangster film written and directed by Pa. Ranjith, who had earlier directed Rajinikanth in 2016 gangster flick ‘Kabali’.
3. ‘Kaala’ is being produced by Rajini’s son-in-law, actor Dhanush under his production house – Wunderbar Films.
4. In less than 40 hours post its release, the trailer got a whopping 14 million views. At the time of filing this report, ‘Kaala’ trailer garnered 14,782,885 views on YouTube, making it the #1 on Trending at the video sharing site.
5. Building up on fans’ enthusiasm, the title of the film kept under wraps and was only announced in late May 2017. The director said ‘Kaala’ is being referred to God of Death Lord Yama.
6. Earlier it was speculated that the film is a biopic of Tamil Muslim gangster Haji Mastan.
7. Following the report, the makers got an open letter from Haji Mastan’s foster son Sundar Shekar Mishra, who threatened that the makers will face dire consequences if they show his father in a negative light.
8. In response, writer-director of ‘Kaala’, Pa. Ranjith, cleared the air and said the story is a fiction where Rajinikanth is playing a man from Tamil Nadu’s Tirunelveli city who flees to Mumbai as a child and becomes a powerful don living in Dharavi slums.
9. Shooting of ‘Kaala’ commenced on May 28, 2017.
10. While Rajini is playing Karikaalan “Kaala”, veteran actor Nana Patekar will be seen as his antagonist. The film also stars Samuthirakani, Eswari Rao as Karikaalan’s wife, Huma Qureshi as Zareena, Anjali Patil, Sukanya, Prakash Raj, Sayaji Shinde, Aravind Akash, Pankaj Tripathi, Yatin Karyekar and Sakshi Agarwal.
Check out the trailer:
Pic credit: Twitter @KaalaOfficial