Reliance Industries Limited boss Mukesh Ambani’s eldest son Akash Ambani is all set to be engaged to Shloka Mehta, youngest daughter of diamantaire Russell Mehta.
Here is all you need to know about the most-talked about couple of the moment, Akash Ambani-Shloka Mehta:
1. Akash Ambani and Shloka Mehta are childhood friends and both studied together at Dhirubhai Ambani International School.
2. Shloka Mehta studied anthropology at Princeton University, USA and completed masters in law at the London School of Economics and Political Science.
3. She is a director at Rosy Blue Foundation and also a co-founder of ConnectFor, a platform for matching volunteers with non-governmental organizations (NGOs) that need them.
4. Shloka Mehta is the youngest of the three children of Russell and Mona Mehta. Her father is the boss of Rosy Blue one of the world’s largest diamond manufacturers.
5. On the other hand, Akash is a major in economics from Brown University, USA.
6. At present, he is the chief of strategy of Reliance Jio, a popular 4G service provider. He is also on the board of directors of Reliance Retail.
7. He has a twin sister Isha and has a younger brother Anant.
8. Families and close friends of both Akash and Shloka met on Saturday (Mar 24) at a posh 5-star resort in Goa for a ‘get-to-know-each-other’ before the formal engagement.
9. It was at the event that Akash Ambani officially proposed to Shloka Mehta.
10. Though the final dates are yet to be finalized, the couple may be formally engaged in June, while the wedding, to be a 4-5 days affair, is set for early December (tentatively December 8-12) at The Oberoi, Mumbai.
11. Pertinently, Shloka Mehta’s mother Mona Mehta is closely related to controversial diamantaire Nirav Modi.
Images: Instagram account of Akash Ambani
Sreya is based in Kolkata. She is a Senior Editor of Big Wire.