Today, on April 18, we are celebrating Akshaya Tritiya, one of the most significant festivals in the Hindu calendar.
The day is considered to be one of the most auspicious day to start new ventures.
According to Shiva Purana, it was on Akshaya Tritiya that Lord Shiva made Kuber the lord of wealth. Hence, it is considered that buying gold/silver/diamond on Akshaya Tritiya will bring good fortune and unending riches.
While you are all set to go on a buying spree, let us see the market condition of gold and silver this Akshaya Tritiya 2018:
1. The yellow metal price had gone down by Rs. 100 per 10 grams on Monday (Apr 16).
2. But a day before Akshaya Tritiya, its prices shot up by Rs. 350 per 10 grams on Tuesday (Apr 17).
3. In national capital New Delhi, on Tuesday, its price of 99.9% purity was Rs. 32,350 per 10 grams, while that of 99.5% purity rose to Rs. 32, 200 per 10 grams.
4. Silver jumped by Rs. 400 and stood at Rs. 40,300 per kg on Tuesday.
5. The weekly-based delivery for silver rose by Rs. 290 to Rs. 39,240 per kg.
6. The demand for silver coins also rose, leading to a spurt in prices. Price of silver coins shot by Rs. 1000 to Rs. 75,000 for buying and Rs. 76,000 for selling of 100 pieces.
7. Prominent jewellers have rolled out various promotional schemes on Akshaya Tritiya 2018 to attract buyers.
8. Tanishq announced on its website that it is offering up to 25% discount on making charges of gold jewellery and 25% discount on the value of diamond jewellery on its Mangalam jewellery collection.
You may like to read
9. Malabar Gold & Diamonds is offering free gold coins for every purchase of jewellery worth Rs. 15,000. According to its website, the jeweller will give back 5% value of a jewellery as gift card.
10. PC Jeweller announced it will offer up to 7% discount on gold coins. Its website says, if a customer orders a gold coin before 12 pm on Akshaya Tritiya, the order will be shipped the same day.
11. The auspicious muhurat (timing) to buy gold on Wednesday (Apr 18) is between 06:07 am to 12:26 pm.
12. Akshaya Tritiya tithi begins at 3:45 am on Wednesday (Apr 18) and ends at 01:29 am on Thursday (Apr 19).
Sreya is based in Kolkata. She is a Senior Editor of Big Wire.