The Punjab School Education Board (PSEB) on Monday (Apr 23) announced the results of Class 12 examinations.
Here is everything you need to know about PSEB Senior Secondary (10+2) Examination Provisional Result March 2018:
1. The overall pass percentage is 65.97% against last year’s 65.33%.
2. The pass percentage for regular students is 68.42%.
3. The pass percentage for Open School students is 40.07%.
4. Like last year, this time also girls have outnumbered boys. The pass percentage of girls is 78.25%, while for boys, it is 60.46%.
5. A total of 3,00,417 students had appeared for PSEB Class 12 exams. Out of them, 198,199 have passed.
6. Pooja Joshi of Ludhiana from humanities stream topped the exams with 98%. Ludhiana’s Vivek Rajput from science stream stood second with 97.55% marks. Jasnoor Kaur of Sri Muktsar Sahib from commerce stream came third with 97.33% grand total.
7. In sports category, Ludhiana’s Prachi Gaur and Pushwinder Kaur, and Mandeep Kaur of Faridkot bagged the top three positions respectively.
8. The examinations were held from Feb 28 to Mar 24.
9. Students can directly check their results online :
10. Enter roll number or name and click on “Find Results”
11. The results will be displayed on screen.
12. Students can download the results and/or take print outs of the same for future reference.
13. Earlier in the day, the results were made available on the board’s official website . But the link to the results were withdrawn due to technical issues.
It was only later in the day that a new link was embedded where students were redirected to the website to avail their results.
14. The results are also available via SMS. Type PB12 <Roll No> and send the text to 5676750.
Sreya is based in Kolkata. She is a Senior Editor of Big Wire.