The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge – Prince William and his wife Catherine became parents for the third time. It is a Royal baby boy this time.
Here is everything that you need to know about the new Royal baby:
1. Duchess of Cambridge Catherine gave birth to a healthy baby boy at the private Lindo Wing of St. Mary’s Hospital in London on Monday (Apr 23) with her husband, Prince William by her side.
2. In a morning tweet, the Kensington Palace announced: “Her Royal Highness The Duchess of Cambridge was safely delivered of a son at 1101hrs. The baby weighs 8lbs 7oz.”
3. The new Royal baby is yet to be named.
4. Prince William and Catherine has a 4-year-old son George and a 2-year-old daughter Charlotte, who paid visit to their new sibling on Monday afternoon.
5. Around 6 pm on Monday, Prince William and Catherine walked out of the hospital with the newborn in his mother’s arms.
6. Before driving off to their home at Kensington Palace in a Land Rover, Prince William told reporters that he is “delighted” at the arrival of the new baby though it will be “thrice the worry now”.
7. Though the new Royal baby is fifth in line to the throne, Britons are reportedly not as excited as they were about the birth of his elder siblings. As per the succession probability, Prince George might become the king or Princess Charlotte the queen, chances of the new Royal baby making it to the throne is less likely.
8. If we follow the dynastic line to succeed his great-grandmother Queen Elizabeth II, who turned 92 on Apr 21, the Royal baby has to queue up behind grandfather Prince Charles, father William, brother George and sister Charlotte.
9. With the new Royal baby, Queen Elizabeth II now has six great-grandchildren.
10. The new Royal baby will be known as His Royal Highness Prince (name) of Cambridge.
Photo courtesy: Kensington Palace official Twitter account
Sreya is based in Kolkata. She is a Senior Editor of Big Wire.