Reliance Jio has launched a new postpaid plan with international calling facility at Rs 199 per month.
Here is what Reliance Jio offering under its new Rs 199 postpaid plan:
1. The new “Jio Postpaid” plan will be available May 15 onwards.
2. Jio Postpaid offers a ‘Zero-Touch’ feature where all postpaid services like voice, internet (data), SMS and international calling will be pre-activated.
3. This new Rs. 199 postpaid plan offers unlimited voice calls and SMSes free of cost for the billing cycle, as well as 25 GBs of mobile data, among other perks.
4. The plan offers international calling at 50p per minute and international roaming starting at Rs 2.
5. There is no need for consumers to pay a security deposit to start international service under the Rs. 199 postpaid plan.
6. Jio Postpaid customers will be charged 50p/min to make calls to USA or Canada, Rs 2/min for Bangladesh, China, France and UK.
7. You will have to shell out Rs 6/min for making a call to countries like Israel, Nigeria, Saudi Arabia, Spain, Sweden and others.
8. If you have not subscribed to any pack, for international roaming, you will be charged Rs 2 each for voice (per minute), data (per MB) and SMS (per SMS) services for countries like USA, UAE, New Zealand, Switzerland, Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, Italy, and Sri Lanka.
9. For countries like Egypt, China, Brazil, Spain, and Taiwan, Jio users will have to pay Rs 10 each for these individual services.
10. Jio users who are subscribed to unlimited plans, will have to pay Rs 575 to get unlimited voice (local calls in international destination + calls to India), unlimited SMS and unlimited data (250mb/day and thereafter unlimited at 64 kbps) under international roaming service.
11. However, the validity for this offer is just for one day.
12. You can opt for Rs 2875 and Rs 5751 plans to get the same benefits for 7 and 30 days respectively.
Sreya is based in Kolkata. She is a Senior Editor of Big Wire.