Lok Sabha Speaker Sumitra Mahajan flagged off a Humsafar Express train that will run between Indore city of Madhya Pradesh and Puri city of Odisha.
Here is everything you need to know about the Indore-Puri Humsafar Express train:
1. The new train will run on weekly mode May 22 onwards.
2. The train will have entirely 16 AC-3 tier coaches and two guard-cum-generator car.
3. The train will depart from Indore every Tuesday and from Puri every Wednesday.
3. The 19317 Indore-Puri Humsafar Express will depart Indore at 12.40 pm every Tuesday and will arrive at Puri at 7.55 pm on Wednesday.
4. The 19318 Puri-Indore Humsafar Express will depart Puri at 11.55 pm every Wednesday and reach Indore at 11.25 am on Friday.
5. The 19317 Humsafar Express averages 51 km/hr and will cover a distance of 1604 km in 31 hrs 15 mins.
6. The 19318 Humsafar Express averages 45 km/hr and will cover 1604 km in 35 hrs 30 min.
7. The train, from both directions, will stop at Dewas, Bhopal, Itarsi, Nagpur, Rajnandgaon, Durg, Raipur, Bilaspur, Jharsuguda Road, Sambalpur City, Angul, Bhubaneswar and Khurda Road stations.
8. Lok Sabha Speaker Sumitra Mahajan flagged off the Indore-Puri Humsafar Express on Saturday (May 12).
9. On the inaugural day, a special train left Indore for Puri at 6.15 pm.
10. The special return train will leave Puri for Indore at 8.15 am on May 14.
11. The coaches are fitted with LED screen display where passengers can get show information about stations, train speed, etc.
12. The train will have an announcement system as well.
13. CCTVs have been installed in the compartments of the special train.
14. The compartments will also have tea, milk and/or coffee vending machines.
15. The train has bio-toilets.
16. The trains are hauled by a WAP-4 of Vadodara Locomotive Shed.
Sreya is based in Kolkata. She is a Senior Editor of Big Wire.