State-owned telecommunications company Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited (BSNL) has introduced a new pre-paid recharge of Rs 98 that offers an array of services, in an attempt to take on rivals like Reliance Jio and Airtel.
Here are 10 things you need to know about BSNL’s new Rs. 98 recharge:
1. Under its ‘Data Tsunami’ offer, BSNL is giving its users 1.5GB data per day for 26 days with a recharge of Rs. 98.
2. The new Special Tariff Voucher (STV)-98 pack is available with immediate effect across all BSNL circles in India.
3. This Rs. 98 pack offers data at Rs. 2.51 per GB, which is lower than Reliance Jio and Airtel.
4. Reliance Jio offers 1.5GB data per day, valid for 28 days, under its Rs. 149 pack. This means, it’s Rs. 3.5 per GB.
5. Meanwhile, Airtel’s Rs. 149 recharge pack costs Rs. 5.3 per GB.
6. However, Reliance Jio and Airtel also provide unlimited voice calls and 100 SMS messages per day with their respective recharge packs. This facility is unavailable with BSNL Rs. 98 recharge.
7. The new data pack comes days after the launch of Rs. 118 recharge pack under which BSNL is offering unlimited voice calling and 1GB of data with a validity of 28 days.
8. BSNL launched this new offer to take on Reliance Jio’s Rs. 98 pack, where the telecom company offered unlimited voice calls, 2GB of data, and 300 SMS messages for 28 days, along with access to Jio apps.
9. The Rs. 118 recharge pack is available in circles, including Chennai, Tamil Nadu, and Kolkata.
10. Pertinently, BSNL offers 3G speeds to its users in all circles except Kerala, while Reliance Jio and Airtel provide 4G speeds.