Indian origin online cab aggregator Ola will soon be launching its service in UK.
Here is everything you need to know about the development:
1. Ola on Tuesday (Aug 7) announced its plans to enter the UK.
2. Ola has obtained licences to operate in South Wales and Greater Manchester, and will launch operations in South Wales within the next month.
3. Ola announced that it will be the only ride-hailing app in the UK that offers passengers the option of Private Hire Vehicles (PHVs) and Black Cabs through one consumer-friendly platform, which will in future see additional transportation options incorporated for greater passenger choice.
4. The company is working with local authorities across the UK to expand nationwide by end of 2018.
5. Bhavish Aggarwal, Co-Founder & CEO of Ola, said: “Ola is excited to announce its plans for the UK, one of the world’s most evolved transportation markets. The UK is a fantastic place to do business and we look forward to providing a responsible, compelling, new service that can help the country meet its ever demanding mobility needs.”
6. Ola’s entry into the UK follows its successful launch in Australia in February 2018, where it now operates in seven major cities.
7. Over 40,000 drivers across Australia have registered since its launch in February and have completed millions of rides.
8. Ola now conducts 1 billion rides each year globally, with more than 1 million drivers and 125 million customers in over 110 cities.
9. Starting Tuesday (Aug 7), Ola is inviting Private Hire Vehicle and Metered Taxi drivers in Cardiff, Newport and Vale of Glamorgan to learn more about driving and registering with Ola by visitingdrive.olacabs.com, to reap the benefits of a market low introductory commission rate as low as 10% for PHVs and 5% for metered taxis.
10. Founded in 2011 by Bhavish Aggarwal and Ankit Bhati, Ola is one of the world’s largest ride-hailing companies.
11. Using the Ola mobile app, users across 110+ cities, can connect with over 1 million drivers across cabs, auto-rickshaws, and taxis.