Filmmaker Karan Johar’s celebrity chat show ‘Koffee with Karan’ this Sunday night saw Bollywood’s adorable couple Shahid Kapoor and Mira Rajput getting candid about their relationship.
Here are some “secrets” about their relationship that the duo shared on national television:
1. Mira and Shahid met at a family gathering. However, she had no clue that their respective parents were trying to match-fix for them; and, she started bashing Bollywood and its item numbers in front of Shahid’s parents.
2. Mira is 13 years younger than Shahid. This made her parents feel that Shahid’s parents had actually came with the marriage proposal of his brother Ruhaan.
3. She felt Shahid was marrying her to feel young himself!
4. In fact, Ruhaan had asked Shahid Kapoor not to marry a girl who will be more than 10 years younger to the actor so that he does not feel uncomfortable.
5. Almost four years after his break-up with actress Kareena Kapoor, Shahid went for an arranged marriage with Mira.
The actor said he loved the process of falling in love gradually post marriage and that the couple came closer when Mira got pregnant (daughter Misha was born Aug 26, 2016).
6. Mira believes that her marriage would hit the rocks only if Shahid is caught cheating on her. However, she claims he does not carry the baggage of his past relationships to his married life.
7. She credits the secret to their successful marriage to the absence of “interfering” in-laws, boredom and bad sex in their relationship.
8. Shahid Kapoor feels being a literature student, Mira always makes him feel “uneducated” and “unqualified”.
9. He claims he is constantly petrified of Mira who is very strict when it comes to maintaining manners and hygiene.
10. Mira makes sure to say “I love you” to Shahid before going to bed every night.
(Source: Star World)