Donald Trump is quite an accomplished author with at least 15 books to his credit. His first book – The Art of the Deal – published in 1987, was co-authored with journalist Tony Schwartz.
Business magnate Donald Trump on Friday (Jan 20) officially took over as the 45th President of the United States of America.
“Today’s ceremony, however, has very special meaning because, today, we are not merely transferring power from one administration to another or from one party to another, but we are transferring power from Washington, D.C., and giving it back to you, the people,” Trump said in his inaugural speech.
“We assembled here today, are issuing a new decree to be heard in every city, in every foreign capital, and in every hall of power. From this day forward, a new vision will govern our land. From this day forward, it’s going to be only America first. America first. Every decision on trade, on taxes, on immigration, on foreign affairs will be made to benefit American workers and American families,” he said.
Here are 10 lesser-known facts about America’s new President Donald Trump:
1. So energetic was he as a child that Donald Trump’s parents Fred Trump and Mary Anne MacLeod Trump enrolled him to New York Military Academy (NYMA) in Cornwall, New York when he was 13 so that he could learn some disciple.
2. Donald Trump is quite an accomplished author with at least 15 books to his credit. His first book – The Art of the Deal – published in 1987, was co-authored with journalist Tony Schwartz.
3. He was paid $375,000 per episode for hosting the business game show ‘The Apprentice’.
4. New US President Donald Trump claims he never smoked or did drugs or drank alcohol. The reason being the death of his older brother Fred due to his alcoholism.
5. He has his own board game – Trump: the Game. It was released in 1989 where only 800,000 copies were sold out. The game was reintroduced following his successful stint at ‘The Apprentice’.
6. Donald Trump’s residence – Trump Tower – was used as fictional Wayne Enterprises in Batman film ‘The Dark Knight Rises’ (2012).
7. He has germaphobia (a pathological fear of germs) and is obsessed with sanitation. And hence, he dislikes shaking hands with anyone, says AOL News.
8. The 45th President of the USA is quite fascinated with his hairstyle. He gets his signature hairline by blow-drying his hair forward and then combing it backward, as The Fiscal Times states.
9. He got his star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame in 2007 for successfully producing the 2004 reality show “The Apprentice”.
10. Though he is known for his massive wealth, Donald Trump’s companies had declared bankruptcies four times – in 1991 (Trump Taj Mahal in Atlantic City), in 1992 (Trump’s Plaza), in 2004 (Trump Hotels and Casinos Resorts), and in 2009 (rump Entertainment Resorts).