Beyonce literally rocked the internet with her pregnancy announcement on Instagram.The caption, suggesting that she is expecting twins.
Beyonce’s pregnancy photo on Instagram generated 8,923,553 likes as of this writing.
The caption, suggesting that she is expecting twins, read: “We would like to share our love and happiness. We have been blessed two times over. We are incredibly grateful that our family will be growing by two, and we thank you for your well wishes. – The Carters”.
Here are 10 quick facts you need to know about Beyonce:
1. Beyonce’s full name is Beyoncé Giselle Knowles-Carter.
2. She is married to American rapper Jay Z (Shawn Corey Carter).
3. She is allergic to perfume but has three of her own perfume brands – Beyonce Heat, Heat Rush, and Pulse.
You may like to read
10 interesting facts about journalist Barkha Dutt
10 important facts about India’s Republic Day
10 simple tips to choose the right hotel
4. She collaborated with popular Colombian singer Shakira to record a single “Beautiful Liar” that was released Feb 12, 2007.
5. She was named after her fashion designer mother’s maiden name – Célestine “Tina” Beyincé.
6. In her childhood, she used to perform as a soloist with St. John’s United Methodist Church choir.
7. She loves her butter pecan flavour ice-cream.
8. She suffered a miscarriage around 2010-11 and still considers the event as the “saddest” event of her life.
9. It was in August 2011 that post her performance at MTV Video Music Awards, Beyonce announced she has conceived again.
Her announcement made 2011 MTV Video Music Awards the most-watched broadcast in the history of MTV with 12.4 million views.
The announcement helped it get listed at the Guinness World Records after 8,868 tweets per second made it “most tweets per second recorded for a single event” on micro-blogging site Twitter.
“Beyonce pregnant” remained the most Googled term for the entire week of Aug 29, 2011.
10. She gave birth to her beautiful daughter Blue Ivy Carter at Lenox Hill Hospital in New York City on Jan 7, 2012.