Ronaldo does not prefer having tattoos on his body as inking will not allow him to donate blood, which he does twice a year.
Real Madrid star Cristiano Ronaldo took a weekend off from football to celebrate his 32nd birthday with his family on Sunday (Feb 5).
His mother Maria Dolores dos Santos Aveiro posted the celebration photo on Instagram where football icon Ronaldo was seen posing with his mother and son Cristiano Ronaldo Jr. in front of his birthday cake.
Here are 10 interesting facts about Portuguese forward Cristiano Ronaldo:
1. Ronaldo was expelled from school at the age of 14 for throwing a chair at a teacher for allegedly disrespecting him. It was post his expulsion that his mother decided to make him focus completely on football.
2. At 15, Ronaldo was diagnosed with Tachycardia, commonly known as racing heart condition, that required him to give up football. But he underwent a laser surgery and resumed training after a few days.
3. His full name is Cristiano Ronaldo dos Santos Aveiro and his second name was given after the 40th U.S. president and actor Ronald Reagan. Pertinently, Ronaldo’s father José Dinis Aveiro was a fan of Ronald Reagan.
You may like to read
4. Ronaldo became a father on June 17, 2010 with the birth of Cristiano Ronaldo Jr via surrogacy.
5. Ronaldo does not prefer having tattoos on his body as inking will not allow him to donate blood, which he does twice a year.
6. He is a Roman Catholic and is quite religious.
7. Ronaldo likes collecting crucifix necklaces.
8. Ronaldo is quite a ladies’ man. He dated English models Alice Goodwin and Gemma Atkinson. In 2010, he started a relationship with Russian model Irina Shayk but broke up in 2015.
9. The football icon owns a loft in the famous Trump Tower in New York City. He paid $18.5 million for it in 2015.
10. Known for his charity, Ronaldo launched an app CR7Selfie in 2016 to help NGO Save the Children collect funds for the poor and underprivileged children.