Everything you want to know about Sudarsan Pattnaik
Sudarsan Pattnaik, has entered the Guinness Book of World Records by building world’s tallest sandcastle (48.08ft) at the Puri beach.
Indian sand artist from Odisha, Sudarsan Pattnaik, has entered the Guinness Book of World Records by building world’s tallest sandcastle (48.08ft) at the Puri beach, toppling the earlier record of US-based sand-sculptor Ted Siebert who made a 45.10ft structure.
Here is everything you want to know about Sudarsan Pattnaik:
1. Sudarsan Pattnaik was born in Puri city of Odisha on Apr 15, 1977 in a financially unstable family. He has two elder brothers.
2. Though his family’s financial condition did not allow him pursue his education, it could not stop him from following his passion with sand.
You may like to read
10 facts to know about AAP leader Kumar Vishwas
Baba Ramdev promoting Patanjali Ayurved and how!
Jallikattu, the bull taming sport of Tamil Nadu
10 interesting facts about journalist Barkha Dutt
10 things about new Tata Sons chief N Chandrasekaran
Why shorter engaging content can boost online learning
10 important facts about India’s Republic Day
Rules for hoisting Indian national flag
Inside story of Odisha’s longest serving chief minister
Data cherry-picking won’t solve Mahanadi conflict
Why Mahanadi needs better politicians
Things you must know about Real Estate Investment Trusts
Everything you want to know about Oppo A57 selfie smartphone
Why we should track Union Budget for FY18
Since childhood, he used to draw images on the sand at the Puri beach. By the time he turned seven, Sudarsan Pattnaik self-taught himself in sand art.
3. Initially, it was the tourists at Puri beach who used to be attracted by his sand art. However, gradually, Sudarsan Pattnaik became popular for his art in Odisha, then pan India. Now, he is a globally renowned sand artist.
4. In 1994, he founded The Golden Sand Art Institute, which happened to be the first open air institute for developing sand art as a professional art form.
5. His sand art mainly highlights social evils, environmental crisis, popular festivals, national integrity and religious tolerance.
6. In 2014, the Government of India awarded Sudarsan Pattnaik with the Padma Shri, which is the fourth highest civilian award in the country.
7. So far, Sudarsan Pattnaik has represented our country in around 50 international sand sculpture championships and festivals across the world; out of which he has won 27 prizes for India.
8. In 2015, Sudarsan Pattnaik made a sand replica of the Black Taj Mahal at the Taj Nature Walk in Agra that won him nationwide acclaim.
9. He is the brand ambassador of the International Sand Art Festival that is held annually in Odisha.
10. Be it for his 100 sand chariots or 1000 Santa Clauses, Sudarsan Pattnaik has enlisted his name with the Limca Book of Records time and again.