JioPhone, which is being termed as “India ka smartphone”, will come preloaded with all Jio applications like Jio TV, Jio Cinema and Jio Music.
Here is everything you should know about JioPhone:
1. The JioPhone is a feature phone with many features similar to those in a smartphone. It supports voice commands as well as can stream music and videos from the internet.
2. The Reliance JioPhone is effectively free. Users have to make a one-time deposit of Rs 1500 as security fee, which will be refunded after a lock-in period of three years, in case the consumer wants to return the phone.
3. Goes without saying, you will need a Jio number and tariff [plan to run the JioPhone.
4. JioPhone, which is being termed as “India ka smartphone”, will come preloaded with all Jio applications like Jio TV, Jio Cinema and Jio Music.
5. The Reliance JioPhone comes with alpha numeric keypad, 2.4 inch QVGA display, FM radio, torch light, headphone jack, SD card slot, battery with charger, four way navigation system, phone contact book, call history facility, Jio apps and microphone and speaker.
6. The phone will also have NFC (Near Field Communication) support so that in future, users may use it to store their credit/debit card details to make payments, a feature similar to Samsung Pay.
7. The JioPhone will support full 4G Voice over Long-Term Evolution (VoLTE) calls.
8. Speculations suggest that the phone will run on a modified version of Android.
9. Users of JioPhone will be able to avail Jio Dhan Dhana Dhan offer at just Rs 153 per month, where they will get free voice calls, sms-es and unlimited data.
10. There is also a weekly plan for Rs 54 and a two-day plan for Rs 24.
11. The Reliance JioPhone will be available for beta testing from Aug 15.
You may like to read
12. Pre-booking of the phone will start on Aug 24. However, the device will be available on first-come, first-served basis.
13. The Reliance JioPhone is expected to hit the Indian market in September.
14. To help people buy JioPhone, Reliance Jio has uploaded a “Keep Me Posted” form on its official website – https://www.jio.com/. After the form is filled up by entering name, email and phone number, an email notification and SMS alert will be sent to the registered id and number for confirmation.