Marking the 10th anniversary of the original iPhone, smartphone giant Apple launched its latest gadget iPhone X on Tuesday (Sept 12).
iPhone X is packed with innovative features like Super Retina Display, TrueDepth Camera System, Face ID and A11 Bionic Chip with Neural Engine.
Here is everything you need to know about Apple’s latest iPhone X:
1. The iPhone X comes with a beautiful 5.8-inch Super Retina display, A11 Bionic chip, wireless charging and an improved rear camera with dual optical image stabilization.
2. Its Face ID, enabled by the new TrueDepth camera, ensures customers a new and secured way to unlock, authenticate and pay.
3. Pre-order for the iPhone X will begin Oct 27 in over 55 countries and territories.
4. The phone will hit the stores Nov 3 onwards.
5. iPhone X will be available in silver and space gray in 64GB and 256GB models.
6. In India, the iPhone 64GB model is priced at Rs 89,000, while you need to shell out a whopping Rs 1.02 lakh for the 256 GB variant.
7. According to Apple’s senior vice president of Worldwide Marketing, Philip Schiller, iPhone X is the future of the smartphone. “iPhone X enables fluid new user experiences — from unlocking your iPhone with Face ID, to playing immersive AR games, to sharing Animoji in Messages — it is the beginning of the next ten years for iPhone.”
8. iPhone X has a seven-layer color process that allows for precise color hues and opacity on the glass finish, and a reflective optical layer enhances the rich colors, thus making it durable as well as water and dust resistance.
9. The HDR display of iPhone X supports Dolby Vision and HDR10, to make photo and video content look more amazing. “The addition of True Tone dynamically adjusts the white balance of the display to match the surrounding light for a more natural, paper-like viewing experience,” said the official release.
10. This time iOS 11 is redesigned to take full advantage of the Super Retina display. The Home button is replaced with fast and fluid gestures, allowing customers to naturally and intuitively navigate iPhone X. Al you have to do is simply swipe up from the bottom to go home from anywhere.
12. The iPhone X comes with new 7-megapixel TrueDepth camera that enables Face ID features wide color capture, auto image stabilization and precise exposure control. It also brings Portrait mode to the front camera for stunning selfies with a depth-of-field effect.
13. Apple’s iPhone X also features a redesigned dual 12-megapixel rear camera system with dual optical image stabilization.
“The ƒ/1.8 aperture on the wide-angle camera joins an improved ƒ/2.4 aperture on the telephoto camera for better photos and videos. A new color filter, deeper pixels and an improved Apple-designed image signal processor delivers advanced pixel processing, wide color capture, faster autofocus in low light and better HDR photos,” says the official release.
13. The phone has a new quad LED True Tone Flash that offers twice the uniformity of light and includes Slow Sync, resulting in more uniformly lit backgrounds and foregrounds.
14. The iPhone X cameras are custom tuned for the ultimate AR experience. “Each camera is individually calibrated, with new gyroscopes and accelerometers for accurate motion tracking. The A11 Bionic CPU handles world tracking, scene recognition and the GPU enables incredible graphics at 60fps, while the image signal processor does real-time lighting estimation,” said Apple. “With ARKit, iOS developers can take advantage of the TrueDepth camera and the rear cameras to create games and apps offering fantastically immersive and fluid experiences that go far beyond the screen.”
15. The iPhone X comes with better video stabilization, 4K video up to 60fps and 1080p slo-mo up to 240fps.
14. The Apple-designed video encoder provides real-time image and motion analysis for optimal quality video.
15. Portrait mode with Portrait Lighting on both cameras brings dramatic studio lighting effects to iPhone X and allows customers to capture stunning portraits with a shallow depth-of-field effect in five different lighting styles.
16. With iOS 11, iPhone X supports HEIF and HEVC for up to two times compression and storage for twice the photos and videos.
You may like to read
17. Emojis are brought to life with Animoji in iPhone X with the help of the TrueDepth. “Working with A11 Bionic, the TrueDepth camera captures and analyzes over 50 different facial muscle movements, then animates those expressions in a dozen different Animoji, including a panda, unicorn and robot,” said Apple.
The Animoji is available as an iMessage app pre-installed on iPhone X. Customers can record and send Animoji messages with their voice that can smile, frown and show more expressions.
18. iPhone X is fitted with the powerful A11 Bionic chip that features a six-core CPU design with two performance cores that are 25% faster and four efficiency cores that are 70% faster than the A10 Fusion. It gives customers more power while lasting two hours longer than iPhone 7.
19. iPhone X comes with impressive 3D games.
20. The wireless charging design in iPhone X works with the established Qi ecosystem, including two new wireless charging mats from Belkin and mophie, available from apple.com and Apple Stores.
21. AirPower, an Apple-designed wireless charging accessory, will be launched in 2018 that will allow iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus or iPhone X customers to simultaneously charge up to three devices, including Apple Watch Series 3 and a new optional wireless charging case for AirPods.
Pic: Apple Newsroom