National Award winning singer Monali Thakur recently got slammed on Instagram for allegedly wearing short dresses on a reality TV show which she judges.
Monali Thakur, one of the judges of live reality singing show “Rising Star” aired on Colors, was recently trolled by a woman, who asked her nit to wear short dresses on the show as they make her feel uncomfortable.
Monali Thakur thought it was a man slamming her and gave a fitting reply: ”
“You feeling uncomfortable with my short dress is your perverted psychological problem, which is not my responsibility or any girl’s. So shove that ‘sabhyata’ nonsense up your a**. And please pray that I never spot you ever in person because then no one can stop me from showing you what my legs, which made you feel uncomfortable, can do to your little groin with just one kick (sic).”
However, she later deleted the post and tweeted: “As I had said..am blocking HER not HIM..n request all 2 not give any more importance to dis..life has much more to offer!Takin the post off!”
Here are 10 interesting things you should know about Monali Thakur:
1. Monali Thakur is a trained Hip-Hop, Bharatanatyam and Salsa dancer.
2. Her father Shakti Thakur and sister Mehuli Thakur are both prominent singers in Bengal.
3. Monali Thakur was trained as a Hindustani classical singer under Pandit Jagdish Prasad and Pandit Ajoy Chakraborty.
4. She did her B.A. in English Honours from St. Xavier’s College in Kolkata.
5. She was a contestant in popular music reality show “Indian Idol 2”. She finished ninth.
6. Monali Thakur is quite an actor! As a child, she appeared as the lead in Bengali television serial “Aalokito ek Indu”. She did quite a few telefilms as well. Her film debut was with director Raja Sen’s Bengali movie “Krishnakanter Will” in 2007. In 2014, she made her Bollywood debut in filmmaker Nagesh Kukunoor’s “Lakshmi”. In 2015, she did a short film “Jangle Bells”.
7. It was the song “Zara Zara Touch Me” from “Race” (2008) that sealed Monali Thakur’s fate as a leading playback singer. In fact, the song was fourth Most Played Song on Indian radio in the first half of that year.
She was nominated for an IIFA Award for Best Female Playback and an Apsara Award for Best Female Playback Singer for that song.
8. Monali Thakur judged Bengali music reality show “Bengali Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Li’l Champs” for two years.
9. Monali Thakur received the National Film Award for Best Female Playback Singer for the song “Moh Moh Ke Dhaage” from Hindi film “Dum Laga Ke Haisha” (2015) and the Filmfare Award for Best Female Playback Singer for the song “Sawaar Loon” from “Lootera” (2013).
10. Monali Thakur allegedly had a brief relationship with singer-actor Meiyang Chang.