The Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC) has launched a new method of booking train tickets.
Pertinently, IRCTC is a subsidiary of the Indian Railways that handles its catering, tourism and online ticketing operations.
Here is how you can book your train tickets using IRCTC e-wallet:
1. You can avail the e-wallet facility by registering yourself on the IRCTC website – www.irctc.co.in
2. You can keep six banks on your preference list.
3. Like other e-wallets, including Paytm or Mobikwik, IRCTC e-wallets can be recharged and used at the time of ticket booking.
4. The e-wallet can be used to book tickets through the IRCTC website, as well as mobile app IRCTC Rail Connect.
“Now #IRCTC e-wallet users can book #rail e-tickets including of #Tatkal quota through IRCTC Rail Connect Android App. Download now! Just log on to https://www.irctc.co.in/ ,” tweeted IRCTC.
5. You may also book your cab using the IRCTC Rail Connect app. IRCTC has tied up with Ola Cabs to provide this facility to passengers so that they don’t have any problem to reach station on time or reach home after boarding off a train.
IRCTC tweeted: “Worried about Pick-up at your destination #station? Avail #cab #booking facility available on #IRCTC Rail Connect Android App.”
6. IRCTC has launched the Food on Track app where passengers can order food from their chosen restaurant during the train journey itself.
“Now your favourite food is just a click away even during Train Journey! IRCTC brings to you delicious meals from restaurant of your choice. Order now and get it delivered to your seat! #Trainfood,” said IRCTC.
7. You can use your PNR (Passenger Name Record) number to order food through the Android app. There are options to pay online via credit/debit card or internet banking, as well as offline cash on delivery method.
8. Another interesting feature added by the IRCTC is the no bill, free food policy. If a vendor does not give you a bill for food/beverages purchased, you don’t need to pay him as well and avail them for free.
9. IRCTC is also offering IRCTC SBI Platinum Card for frequent travellers where they can avail 10% value back on the ticket price as reward points.
“Frequent #train #traveler? Presenting #IRCTC #SBI Platinum #Credit #Card. Book ticket using IRCTC SBI Platinum Card and get upto 10% value back as Reward Points, applicable for AC class,” posted IRCTC.
10. Even after booking tickets, you can now change your boarding station using the IRCTC official website.