Donald John Trump is the new US President. And this is the biggest story worldwide at the moment.
The new President-elect was a complete outsider in the world of politics and started his race for the White House as an underdog.
But the ultimate results show that it was Trump on whom the American voters have relied for their future.
There was lot of speculations and controversies prior to the Presidential election this year with the contestants, Republican Trump and Democrat Hilary Clinton, engaged in fierce debates.
Hilary seemed to be in an advantageous position in several poll surveys, but finally Trump triumphed over Clinton baffling political commentators and starting a new era in American as well as World politics.
Here are eight relatively unknown but interesting facts about the person – Donald John Trump.
1.Trump is probably the richest American President ever. He is a business tycoon who deals in real estates and casinos among others.
The total worth of his business is estimated at $4.5 billion.
2. Trump never drinks alcohol, smokes tobacco or indulges in any other drugs. Arguably, he is the healthiest person ever going to occupy the White House.
3. Though Trump is himself a strict non-alcoholic person, he launched a Vodka brand back in 2007. However, the project proved to be a business failure.
4. Trump is a self-professed germaphobe. He hates shaking hands with other people. He once described the manner of handshakes as the “greatest curse of the American society”.
5. Trump is an alumnus of New York Military Academy. At an early age of 13, Trump was sent to the academy by his parents.
He completed his education at the military academy in 1964 and went to Fordham University.
6. Trump is a graduate in Economics from the University of Pennsylvania.
7. He is an award winning actor too. However, the award was not for acting excellence. It was for the Worst Supporting Actor category in the Razzie Award.
He won it for his role in the 1989 film “Ghosts Can’t Do It”.
8. Trump also featured in the acclaimed Hollywood Walk of Fame. He received the honour in 2007 for his role as the producer of “The Apprentice”. He is the 2,327th person to receive this honour.