American multinational technology company Apple Inc on Sept 7 introduced iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus, which it claims to be the most advanced iPhone ever.
“iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus dramatically improve every aspect of the iPhone experience, reaching a new level of innovation and precision to make this the best iPhone we have ever made,” said Philip Schiller, Apple’s senior vice president of Worldwide Marketing.
“The completely redesigned cameras shoot incredible photos and videos day or night, the A10 Fusion chip is the most powerful chip on any smartphone while delivering the best battery life ever in an iPhone, and an entirely new stereo speaker system provides twice the sound, all within the first water and dust resistant iPhone,” Schiller said in a press release.
Here is everything that you would like to know about iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus:
1. Both new iPhones go on pre-order beginning Sept 9 and will be available beginning Sept 16 in Australia, Austria, Belgium, Canada, China, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Luxembourg, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, UAE, the UK, US Virgin Islands and the US.
2. India will have to wait for Oct 7 when the new iPhones will go on sale in the country.
3. iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus will go on sale in Andorra, Bahrain, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Estonia, Greece, Greenland, Guernsey, Hungary, Iceland, Isle of Man, Jersey, Kosovo, Kuwait, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Maldives, Malta, Monaco, Poland, Qatar, Romania, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Slovakia and Slovenia beginning Sept 23.
4. The price of the new iPhones will start Rs. 60,000 onwards.
5. They will be available in silver, gold, rose gold and the new black finish in 32GB, 128GB and 256GB models. “The new jet black finish will be offered exclusively on the 128GB and 256GB models from Apple Authorised Resellers and select carriers,” read an Apple release.
6. The new Apple-designed wireless AirPods, including charging case, will be available for Rs. 15,400 from late October.
7. All models will have EarPods with Lightning Connector and a Lightning to 3.5 mm Headphone Jack Adapter, which will also be sold separately for Rs. 2,500 and Rs. 900, respectively.
8. iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus will have 12-megapixel camera with optical image stabilisation, and a larger ƒ/1.8 aperture and 6-element lens to enable brighter, more detailed photos and videos. Both smartphones have 7MP Facetime camera (iPhone 6S has 5MP).
9. Both phones come with custom-designed Apple A10 Fusion chip, whose CPU now has four cores, ensuring longer battery life than iPhone 6.
10. The iPhone 7 has a 4.7-inch display with 3D touch, while the iPhone 7 Plus comes with a 5.5-inch Retina HD display with 3D touch.
11. The iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus will run on iOS 10, “the biggest release ever of the world’s most advanced mobile operating system”.
12. Both phones are splash, water and dust resistant. They have been tested under controlled laboratory conditions with a rating of IP67 under IEC standard 60529.
13. Accessories, including leather and silicone cases in varied colours, can be bought for Rs. 2,900. iPhone 7 Smart Battery Case in black and white will be cost Rs. 8,900. Lightning Docks in different metallic finishes will be sold for Rs. 3,700.
(Source: Official website of Apple)