After allegedly holding her hostage for about two hours and molesting her, the men reportedly shot objectionable photos and videos of Bhavana and escaped in the van at Palarivattom.
A shocked Bhavana somehow managed to reach the house of her filmmaker friend at Kakkanad, who then informed the police.
Her former driver Martin Antony was arrested on Saturday (Feb 18), while two others allegedly involved in the incident were nabbed on Sunday (Feb 19). The main accused Sunil Kumar alias Pulsor Sunil is still absconding.
The incident has again raised the question on women safety in India, and while we keep looking for answers, here is everything you need to know about Malayalam actress Bhavana:
1. Bhavana’s real name is Karthika Menon.
2. She was born on June 6, 1986 in Kerala’s Thrissur district. Her father late G.Balachandran was an assistant cinematographer. Her mother’s name is Pushpa.
3. Bhavana completed her schooling from Holy Family Convent Girls High School at Chembukkav in Thrissur.
4. She has an elder brother named Jayadev, who will soon be making his directorial debut with Tamil thriller “Pattinapakkam”.
5. Bhavana wanted to be an actress since childhood. In an interview, she said that she used to mimic actress Amala and perform her scenes from 1991 film “Ente Sooryaputhrikku” in front of the mirror.
You may like to read
6. Bhavana debuted in Malayalam film “Nammal” (2002) at the age of 16. The film got successful at the Box Office and Bhavana was flooded with film offers.
7. She even got Kerala State Film Award (Special Jury Award) for “Nammal”.
8. In her 15-year-old career, Bhavana has shared screen with almost all leading men of the Malayalam film industry. She has even acted opposite Tamil superstars Ajith Kumar, Madhavan, Jayam Ravi, Bharath, Jiiva and Srikanth.
9. She did her first Kannada film “Jackie” with Puneeth Rajkumar in 2010. The film hit the bull’s eye at the Box Office.
10. Bhavana is the brand ambassador of Mohanlal’s team Kerala Strikers in Celebrity Cricket League (CCL).